The Shenandoah Heritage Village is the latest attraction on our grounds
A presentation of thematic elements celebrating our region’s Shenandoah culture
There are several structures from the 19th century, along with the Luray Valley Museum, which displays artifacts and their history in chronological order from the 1750s through 1920s. The centerpiece of the collection is a 1536 Swiss Bible that connects the history of the early settlers of Page County and the Shenandoah Valley to European roots, as well as their decorative arts and search for religious freedom.
Just outside our main museum, you will encounter a collection of historic, local buildings that have been transported to the site and restored to represent a small 19th century farming community.
The Elk Run Dunkard Church, circa 1825, served as a barracks for hundreds of both Union and Confederate soldiers during the Civil War. Their signatures and scrawls still scatter the interior. Bellview, originally constructed in 1835, was home to the county’s first judge.
Also on the complex are the Stoney Man Mining Company, an authentically recreated, fully operational, filled-with-fun mining station and the Heartpine Café featuring gourmet sandwiches and local wine and beer.
The Shenandoah Heritage Village is included in the Luray Caverns general admission ticket.